The process of bull buying can be exciting and provides an excellent opportunity to incorporate new genetics into our herds.
However, a little prep work helps to accurately select a bull that will improve your herds and match your production goals and resources.
Here are our top five tips to prepare for bull buying season:
1. Evaluate herd data and initial evaluation of progeny (if any)
2. Establish trait levels for all the traits you want to improve in your own operation
3. Take the time to inspect the bulls on offer and don't hesitate to ask the tough questions
4. Establish a budget and discuss this with your agent
5. Determine how you're getting the bull from the sale to your operation - we can help with this part!